By donating to WITNESS, you are championing the courage and capacity of activists on the frontlines to use video and technology to protect and defend our human rights.
With your support, WITNESS can continue to support the most underserved and disenfranchised communities to combat hateful narratives with hope, disinformation with truth, and abuses of power with justice.
WITNESS has been able to power up millions of frontline activists to harness the power of video, and fight back and this year they have:
- Championed Indigenous and frontline communities to use video and technology to defend their lands and protect against climate change
- Published groundbreaking guidance on how to use video to support accountability for sexual and gender-based crimes
- Rapidly responded to emerging human rights crises and protests around the world, including in Myanmar and Colombia, distributing updated and curated guidance to frontline activists
- Supported accountability for systemic police violence in Brazil, Nigeria and the US, disseminating key resources through social media and conducting online trainings
- Ensured that the ongoing global discussion about deepfakes and synthetic media is grounded in diverse voices of those most impacted outside the Global North
- Shaped technology infrastructure to help combat the spread of mis- and disinformation, while uplifting human rights voices