Peter Gabriel's engineer, Richard 'Dickie' Chappell, explains the thinking behind the 'So DNA' disc included in the Anniversary edition box set. Watch the video…
Watch Peter’s October Full Moon Club video
Peter's Full Moon message for October, 2012. more…
Forums » Music » New Blood & Live Blood - How do I get all tracks
steve31727 April 2012 at 7:10amPosts: 3 (0 today)Status: offline
I'm hoping some die hard consumer fan can help me...
I'm trying to get *all* of the tracks and videos and discs available from the New Blood & Live Blood series of releases, without having to buy every single version released. However, I'm finding it difficult to decipher exactly how to do that!
This site, WomadShop, Amazon, etc. each come just shy of clarifying it sufficiently. It seems like paying more for special or deluxe editions give you some exclusive extra items, but then also loses some bonus tracks on the basic editions! I can't tell if this is so, or if it's just sloppy descriptions and track listings on the web sites. Plus, each site seems to catalog a different subset of items and formats and editions. I'm now officially dizzy.
Here's what I want:
0) I want to get the albums and tracks on a physical format whenever possible -- CD and Blu Ray (unless something is only available on DVD -- then DVD is fine).
1) I want to get all the audio tracks from New Blood studio album -- including any bonus tracks, live bonus tracks, instrumentals, etc. (It seems like the Special Edition is missing some of the Standard Edition, and the Deluxe Edition is missing some of the Special Edition!)
I'd also like any digital bonuses -- and they would incentivize me purchasing via one of PG's sites if that's how to get them, but these tracks are not as critical to me as the official tracks on disc are.
2) I want to get all the tracks from the Live Blood audio releases (it appears when bundled in deluxe releases, they only include one of two available discs of Live Blood or some abridged single disc sampler).
3) I want to get all the segments from the Live Blood video releases -- on Blu Ray if possible (and I'd be interested in paying more to also get the 3D Blu Ray disc in addition to the 2D one -- but this to me would be a bonus not a necessity, and not as important as making sure I get all the other above audio and 2D video items).
4) It sure would be cool to get the book and any other cool stuff like is available in the Deluxe New Blood set, but getting that at the cost of *not* getting some of the actual audio or video available would *not* be what I want.
So there you go! I'm hoping there's someone out there as obsessive as I am (or maybe a PG employee product specialist who trolls these forums?) -- who is also already comprehensively versed in the post Scratch Your Back releases.
Back in the day, I could just go to a record store and read the back covers. Now, I'm starting to think I may need to fly to Bath and start knocking on doors!
Thanks in advance!
There are indeed some tracks which are currently unavailable on the regular channels, but I don't understand all the fuss about it since obtaining them is quite an easy task:
1) The Rhythm of the Heat remix - if you want this track you must go to Pizzeria Sorrento in Islington, knock three times on the front door and ask for Gino.
But not Gino the waiter, Gino the cousin of the dishwasher. That's a wholly different Gino.
When you meet the real Gino, you have to sing "O Sole Mio" three times (the second time, backwards), then swear you won't make copies of the song to anyone - and finally of course you have to pledge allegiance to The Mob, but that's another story and I'm not allowed to discuss it over here;
2) Humdrum - a very rare rendition, you can download its by selling one of your livers (you can get by with one);
3) White Shadow - in order to get this one, you have to blow a RW guy named Flint. Ask me for details.
See? That's easy. After all, PG loves his fans!
AaronAKAAtrus28 April 2012 at 11:40pmPosts: 445 (0 today)Status: offline
HAHA! Caste has a special brand of humor.
IN order to answer your questions:
1. 2 disc New Blood from womadshop
2. Extra track from itunes
3. Live blood
4. then either the 3D/BluRay/DVD Pack, the deluxe (Bluray/DVD/NewBlood Disc 1/Abridged Live Blood) or the BluRAy or DVD by itself.
and this excludes the matador "remixes" that cost ~$60+
Mr Beef29 April 2012 at 8:38pmPosts: 761 (0 today)Status: offline
The iTunes version comes in iTunes LP format, which is like an interactive booklet in case you're not familiar with it. It contains many photographs from the recording sessions presented as a slideshow while the music plays (and you can choose to view them individually too). Don't know if all those images are on the actual physical booklet since this is the only version I own.
Oh, and it has Signal to Noise as an exclusive.